Sunday, October 23, 2005

Four-Strand Braided Cable


(click the photo to enlarge)
In order to overcome my extreme boredom over the VK simple cardi, I decided to make a little four-strand braided cable sample to add to my wall-o-fiber (I take all of my gauge swatches, stitch swatches, etc. and tack them onto my wall. Photos will come later). The four-strand braid is a simple, classy cable that always looks great. Here's how it's done:

CO 20 sts.

ROW 1 (RS): p4, k12, p4
ROW 2 (WS): k4, p12, k4
ROW 3: p4, k12, p4
ROW 4: k4, p12, k4
ROW 5: p4, *slip three sts on cable needle and hold in front, k3, k3 off of cable needle* rep from * once, p4
ROWS 6-9: rep rows 1-4
ROW 10: p4, k3, slip three stitches on calbe needle and hold in back, k3, p4

rep rows 1-10 until desired length.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nessie Noodle said...

I love this idea! especailly since I hate doing swatches because they seem like a waste of good yarn (and time, despite the fact that it really isn't either of these)- this gives them a whole new life and meaning. Thank you for the idea, would love to see photos of yours!

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home