Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Bored to tears.

I am working on the simple cardi from the fall VK issue (from the One Sweater Four Ways article).

Jesus H. Christ.

I started it in August, and it's still only about half done. It is so boring. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I will never, ever make patterns this simple ever again, unless I absolutely fall in love with a yarn that needs to be admired on its own without fancy stitching or intarsia. I feel like I'll stab my eyes out with my 5mm's out of boredom if I don't just hurry and finish the damn thing. I've come to the conclusion that if I'm aching for a simple cardi/raglan, I'll buy one... and save my time for wearable art.

Of course, I say this now. By next week I'll find another sweater at a department store that I can't live without, but I know I could make better (with better yarn, nicer seams, better shaping, neater stitches............)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home